Votes for Directors

Votes for Directors
2009 Annual Meeting...32 members voted
2010 Annual Meeting...46 members voted
2011 Annual Meeting...41 members voted
2012 Annual Meeting...39 members voted
2013 Annual Meeting...66 members voted
Our Bylaws require that a majority of the members (a minimum of 64) must vote in order to elect our Directors.
From 2019 to present every Annual Meeting has been canceled or adjourned without an election taking place

Lobbying Letter Documents 1-7a

Item 1:


                                                                                                                       June 30, 2008
Dear Judy,
Congratulations on becoming the Vice President of the Association.
Since you are now an officer of our HOA, I have a request to make of you: please take a look at the lawn in front to my home at 2521 Eva Loop, and please notice the condition of the lawn as it compares to the lawns of my neighbors. If you have a camera, please take pictures. If you can not do so, please request a fellow board member or the property manager to do so.
I ask that you do this so that we can compare notes at the July 21st Board Meeting. At that meeting I will expect an explanation as to what the problem is in maintaining the lawn in front of my home, and what is to be done about it. Also, please request that the property manager make available, at that meeting, any receipts for any special work that the landscaper has preformed on the lawn in front of my home. 
Please have this matter placed on the agenda for the July 21st Board meeting.
Thank you in advance,
William P Lee

cc: Jim Joyce

Item 2:

Item 3:

July 29, 2008

Dear Mr. Joyce:

As I write this letter the sprinkler system in front of my home is watering the lawn; it has been on for at least two hours. Several weeks ago I had to call your emergency number with the same problem.

Several years ago a townhouse on Eva Loop was so badly undermined by a leaky sprinkler system a contractor had to be called in to excavate and shore up the townhouse. Also, there is at least one location in the street of Heidi Loop, marked by an orange cone, where there is a hole that appears to be the result of undermining, possibly by a leaky sprinkler system.

Because of these incidents of undermining, I am very concerned about any problems with the sprinkler system in front of my home. Please find out from the contractor the status of any problems with the sprinkler system in front of my home and send me a detailed explanation so that I can forward it to my insurance agent, Melissa Cripps.

Two young men who identified themselves as employees of Morning Dew (Mike and Joey) just came and turned the sprinkler system off. They said no one from Morning Dew was working in the area today and that no one from Morning Dew had turned on the system. Please verify this. If it is true, please have a locking mechanism installed on the sprinkler system controls so that no unauthorized person can turn the sprinkler system on or off.

Sincerely,

William P Lee

cc: Melissa Cripps

Item 4:



Item 5:

Item 6:

November 25, 2008


Dear Members of the Board of Directors of the Greenlaw Townhouses Unit Two HOA:

On November 20, 2008 I received the Minutes of the July 21, 2008 Board of Directors meeting, and the Minutes of several other meetings. In regard to the Minutes of the July 21, 2008 Board of Directors meeting, attended by directors James Furst, Judy Kyrala, John Hall, Bette Holloway, and Susan Jennings, property manager representative Jim Joyce, and myself, William P Lee (identified in the minutes as Bill Lee), and approved at the September 15, 2008 Board of Directors meeting, attended by directors Bette Holloway, Judy Kyrala, Susan Jennings, Debby Gray, Wally Macholtz and James Furst, and property manager representative Jim Joyce. Item 7 of the July 21, 2008 minutes states “Mr. Lee was asked to leave the meeting after threatening the Board”. I categorically deny that I was “asked to leave the meeting” and I categorically deny “threatening the Board” and hereby declare, without reservation, that the statement “Mr. Lee was asked to leave the meeting after threatening the Board” is false and libelous.

I request and, if I have the right to do so, respectfully demand that the Board of Directors immediately arrange for this matter to be reviewed by the appropriate HOA and/or Corporation oversight entity at a venue at which all witnesses will be required to testify under oath.

Also, there are several items that I will need to prepare for a review, or to arrange for a review myself if the Board fails to do so. Please provide me with:

1. The Articles of Incorporation for the Greenlaw Townhouses Unit Two HOA.

2. The minutes of the September 17, 2007 Board of Directors meeting.

3. The Forms and Instructions necessary to request a review by the appropriate HOA and/or Corporation oversight entity or entities, concerning this matter of libel.

Thank you for your prompt attention to these matters.

Sincerely,

William P Lee
Member of the Greenlaw Townhouses Unit Two HOA

Item 7:

December 9, 2008

Dear Members of the Board of Directors of the Greenlaw Townhouses Unit Two HOA:


I have included, with this letter, a copy of my November 25, 2008 letter to you, signed as the original was signed, which I hand-delivered to James Furst at the Annual Meeting of the same date. In that letter, I made the following statement and requests: I categorically deny that I was “asked to leave the meeting” and I categorically deny “threatening the Board” and hereby declare, without reservation, that the statement Mr. Lee was asked to leave the meeting after threatening the Board” is false and libelous.

I request and, if I have the right to do so, respectfully demand that the Board of Directors immediately arrange for this matter to be reviewed by the appropriate HOA and/or Corporation oversight entity at a venue at which all witnesses will be required to testify under oath.

Also, there are several items that I will need to prepare for a review, or to arrange for a review myself if the Board fails to do so. Please provide me with:

1. The Articles of Incorporation for the Greenlaw Townhouses Unit Two HOA.

2. The minutes of the September 17, 2007 Board of Directors meeting.

3. The Forms and Instructions necessary to request a review by the appropriate HOA and/or Corporation oversight entity or entities, concerning this matter of libel.

To date, I have received no response or documents. I am very anxious to have this matter resolved as soon as possible, so waiting for a full ten business days for you to respond is difficult. I consider your failure to promptly comply with my requests to be obstructionist, and further evidence of your disregard for my rights. However, in Mr. Hammond’s Sept 2, 2007 letter to me, he and the Board set a deadline of 10 calendar days for my response to your requests, and 10 calendar days have more than passed, even considering Thanksgiving. Please comply with the requests I made in my November 25, 2008 letter as quickly as possible.

Also, Mr. Hammond’s September 2, 2007 letter to me states, “the Board has approved suing you”. Please provide me with the minutes of the meeting at which the Board “approved suing”, and the minutes of all other meetings at which that matter, or any related matter, was discussed.

I would also like to address a few matters from the November 25 annual meeting. At that meeting, there was a discussion about the Board’s plan to amend our CC&Rs so that future amendments could be passed by a majority “yes” vote instead of a 75% “yes” vote. This was proposed as part of the Board’s plan to increase our annual assessment to at least $100 per month. I tried to make clear that the same increase could be accomplished through the means provided in Article VIII, Item h. of our CC&Rs and, several times, asked Jim Joyce to read that item to us. He would not do so; the first time I asked him to do so, I believe his exact response was: We don’t need to read the CC&Rs; we have a lawyer’s opinion.

Please provide me with a copy of the lawyer’s opinion Mr. Joyce was referring to.

Also, during the meeting, Jim Joyce said that our snowplow operators work without sleep for “3 days”. He said a similar thing at the April 3, 2006 Board of Directors meeting. Doesn’t having snowplow operators on our streets who haven’t slept for “3 days” constitute a serious danger for our community? Aren’t there laws against such things? Shouldn’t our members be warned of this situation? Who have you contracted with to plow our streets for the past four years? Is there any document that you can provide me, in which you expressed to the contactor your displeasure over this situation? If so, please send me a copy of that document.

As I have already stated, I am very anxious to have the libel matter resolved quickly, so please comply with my requests in the November 25 letter immediately. Also, please comply with the new requests I have made in this letter within the 10 calendar day timeframe.

Sincerely,

William P Lee

cc: Keith A. Hammond P.C.


Item 7a: